Multi-arch, OpenStack, Heat, Kubernetes
Rico Lin, OpenStack Technical Committee (TC) member, Board of Director for OpenInfra Foundation, Heat PTL, char for Multi-arch SIG, Senior Software Engineer at EasyStack.
Experienced in OpenStack development (infra and app), Cloud architect, Container(docker and k8s), community(contribute and event host), and customer tech consults and supports.
Goals in OpenStack:
* Improve experiences of Cloud-native application on top of OpenStack(by improving infra and user experiences).
* Blending OpenStack with other cloud solutions to make it become one indispensable layer.
* Leverage the community differences across global (Include let Asia community get more actively join to others).
I'm involved in the following OpenStack projects: Orchestration (Heat),Container Orchestration Engine Provisioning (Magnum)
I have been in the community for years, and have the honor to serve some community leader roles: OpenStack Technical Committee (TC) member, Individual Board of Director for OpenInfra Foundation, Heat PTL, char for Multi-arch SIG.
I have been contributing with:
* co-hosting events like OpenInfra Days Asia, OpenInfra Days China, etc.
* And serve as Individual Board of Director for the past year
* Also contribute to OpenStack community for governance and technical works.
My previous experience serving in this community helped me serve on Individual Board.
Also, I have been binding local communities in Asia, which helps me to gather feedback from Asia side and expose them to Boards.
To monitor and help foundation for discovering and maintaining the right path is what I see as the Board's role in OpenInfra's success.
And on top of it,
Individual Board of Directors should serve all community members that including users, ops, and devs. To bring those feedback to rest boards, and put actions for it.
* To bind local OpenInfra groups and make them close to the global OpenInfra community. And help them grow and integrate with other communities that are related.
* To also help the current community to reach the possible growing chances.
Rico has already been nominated by: